About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Try it Tuesday... thanks Laurin and Lee

Thanks to Laurin's Try it Tuesday idea, I am going to share with you a fantastic way to make the boring steamed veggies much more exciting. Last night we had French's Fried Onion Chicken (the commercial was too enticing!), steamed veggies, and mashed potatoes. Neither the hubs or myself are a huge fan of veggies. We will eat them, but they're not our favorite... until I found a way to spice them up....drizzle them with Italian dressing! This was such a simple way to make eating veggies much more enjoyable. (I know it's like being a kid and dipping all your raw veggies in Ranch, but at least the veggies are steamed and simply drizzled with Italian. It at least seems more grown up!) Now don't ask me about the nutritional facts... because I assure you the dressing added no nutrition, but boy were they good!

Any other helpful ways to spice up your everyday boring veggies?


Also, Friday night I tried Laurin's latest crave of sweet potato fries. ... whom she got the recipe from Lee. Now I like sweet potatoes, but I like them covered in butter, sugar and cinnamon. Here is the recipe:


Baked Sweet Potato Fries:
  • 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise 1/4 inch
  • olive oil
  • salt

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400
  2. Coat potatoes with olive oil
  3. Spread in a single layer onto a baking sheet
  4. Sprinkle with salt
  5. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping frequently to crisp

Now I personally would prefer them much crispier so next time I will cook them longer. I made 2 batches. One I sprinkled with salt and pepper. The other batch I sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. (now that version was good!) So Thank You Laurin and Lee for the idea... I think I'm going to stick with dessert fries!



4 comments:

  1. Just so everyone knows, Lee (www.stewartland.blogspot.com) gave me the sweet potatoes idea. Glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Laurin you're so sweet. Thanks for the credit. I'm glad at least one person is reading my blog. haha. Candace, come back over =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do read your blog but I had forgotten that you had the idea first! So sorry! I did go back and give you credit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. thanks, candace. I'm sure technically the idea was some little old lady's from a long, long time ago before you could buy fries that came in a bag.

    ReplyDelete