About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, September 4, 2009

FAIR

Every since I was a little girl, we would get checked out of school early (yes, my parents were cool like that) on a wristband day and we would go and spend hours at the fair. I love everything about it! The bright lights, the smell of fried foods, the music from the rides, even the annoying 'let me guess your weight' guys. Weather permitting, we are going tonight. Thank goodness now you don't even have to fear for your life as you park and walk up to it. I guess because the fair was such a tradition in our family and I have so many fond memories, I can't think of anything negative about it. Well, it's not a cheap date night, there are those who lose their dinner after a good tilt a whirl, the fact that you consume no telling how many calories ... (but we'll just not think about that!) But the food there is the best. It's probably just average but because it's 'fair food' it's a must.I can't decide what I want to eat tonight... so many choices.... smoked turkey leg, pronto pup, funnel cake, chicken on a stick, cotton candy, fried twinkie.... maybe a little of everything...now that both our mouths are watering... what's your favorite fair food?



1 comment:

  1. Chicken on a stick and a turkey leg..then later a pronto pup with mustard...then on the way out a funnel cake and a fried reeses!! oh man, my mouth LITERALLY filled with saliva after thinking on that! have fun..wish we could go!

    ReplyDelete