About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Memphis

Ok... a friend of mine who used to be a fellow Memphian (and now has gone to the dark side) ...meaning she recently became a Texan... gave me an idea for a blog post. I wrote the other day about what I like about Memphis. She wants me to now blog about what I do not like about Memphis. Ok... here goes...

10. It's definitely not the safest of cities (but now a days no city is really that safe)
9. Drivers are crazy (but that's not limited to Memphis)
8. We tease that there's never anything to do (in all reality there is)
7. In the summer it's 190 degrees and extremely humid
6. We only get 1 snow day a year if we're lucky
5. No matter what you say... everything is a race issue
4. We have people like Jerry "the king" Lawler running for mayor
3. We're at least 6 hours away from the closest beach
2. We don't have a Cheesecake Factory
1. The Sorrell's are not here!

In all honesty, I love Memphis and have no desire to live anywhere else despite my list. This will always be home.





1 comment:

  1. Love your new blog colors =) ANd I love hearing positive thoughts on Memphis. We like this city, too and don't even want to be in the suburbs. It sure has its downside with the crime and even some of the cultural aspects, but all in all it will always be home and there are so many little gems to be found here.

    ReplyDelete