About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Memphis

I have lived in Memphis my whole life. I don't know if it's because I don't like change or I actually like Memphis, but unlike so many of my high school friends.... I am content to live here forever. Here are some of the reasons I love Memphis:
-both our families are here (I like to think our relationships are closer than most)
-Bellevue (for sports and so many other reasons... it will always be home)
-Cheesecake Corner (the best cheesecake you'll ever put in your mouth)
-Jerry's Sno Cone (enough said)
-Shelby Farms (I don't actually go there that often, but I like having the option)
-Memphis Zoo (being a teacher, I get to enjoy it even though I don't have kids of my own...yet)
-Central BBQ, Corky's, Brad's... it doesn't matter. BBQ here is awesome!
-Macon Road Baptist School (I love my job)
-FedEx Forum (I love going to Tiger basketball games and hopefully will soon love Grizzlies games now that AI is coming)
-Memphis bridge (there's nothing like crossing that bridge...that really scares me... to remind me that I'm home)

I know there are so many other reasons why I love Memphis, but I'm drawing a blank. What are your favorite things about this crazy city?

10 comments:

  1. -the bbq
    -definitely the bridge!
    -downtown
    -the University of Memphis..despite what many say...its wonderful and i love it!
    -my big sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~Walnut Grove Road
    ~Central Ave.
    ~The zoo....Memphis zoo is THE best (at least compared to the one in L-ville)
    ~Pottery Barn Outlet
    ~Friends: truly, nothing like the group of friends we have there = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm listing all of mine here:
    http://ilovememphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheesecake Corner? Please enlighten me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's on G.E. Patterson downtown... it's amazing... huge slices of cheesecake for $5.95 or maybe its $6.95... the atmosphere is fun as well. It's a Memphis must!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where else besides Memphis can you get such great entertainment just by turning on the news?! I mean, with Willie out for good, this may slow down a bit, but somehow, I think he'll still be popping his head in every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I wanted to get out of Memphis and managed to, but there are still some things I love...

    *Shelby Farms - I have yet to discover a place like it in Tampa
    *Sun Studio
    *BBQ
    *Free day at the Brooks Museum

    ReplyDelete
  9. BBQ!!!!!
    Having lived in 2 other cities so far (Louisville and College Station, TX) I have learned that there is NO BBQ like MEMPHIS BBQ!!!!

    ReplyDelete