About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Parents' Day

Today was parents' day for K4 at my campus. From 8:30-9:30 on parent days, parents come into our classrooms and watch a miniature version of our day. We try to cram in phonics, numbers, bible, silly songs, shapes, colors, etc. in an hour so parents can see what we do on a daily basis. They essentially come and are able to see what they're paying for. It's a fun time for everyone...when the kids properly participate. I did keep reminding my children that their parents came to hear them sing and not just Mrs. Jerkins.


After my parents left, we took the kids outside to the playground. While out there, C proceeds to lift my skirt almost completely up. (Thankfully all parents were gone by this time!) I said, "C!!!!!" He laughed and said, "Sorry Mrs. Jerkins. I must have lost my mind."


This is now 2 different occasions where "I lost my mind" was used. Thinking back over the last couple of weeks I can remember teasing them about the choice they were making by saying... you guessed it.... "Have you lost your mind?!"


So although my kids' choices were not my fault.... their distinct answer was.

2 comments:

  1. I had a fourth grader impersonate me by putting one hand on his hip, pointing his finger, all while moving his neck and saying, "Have you lost your mind?" in the most southern accent I have ever heard. Oh! To see ourselves in the eyes of our students!

    ReplyDelete