About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Saturday, September 12, 2009

lock-in

Last night we had our first FBCHW lock-in... or lock out rather. I should first explain to you that there is probably nothing that Daniel and I like less. However, we thought that for one night we'd could suffer through it for our kids. I had to go in with the mind set that "it's not about me." For one, I wasn't put here on this earth for my pleasure and comfort. It's all about Jesus.... knowing him and making him known. But for last night, it wasn't about what I liked or what I would rather be doing. We did the lock-in for the enjoyment of our teenagers. To provide an opportunity for them to have fun with one another, bring friends, and be challenged by God's word. I must admit we had a ton of fun though! We met at the church at 9 and ate pizza, played games, and D gave a devotional. Then from 10:30-12:30 we went cosmic bowling. From 1:00-4:00 we went to putt-putt (which we had all to ourselves)... we had unlimited everything. At 4:00 we headed back to the church and had a movie (for the sleepy weenies) and dodge ball for everyone else. At 7, we had some very sweet women bring us a delicious breakfast that included pancakes, breakfast casseroles, quiche, and sausage and biscuits. Overall it was a great night! Now we were definitely ready for our bed come morning, but we agreed we would definitely do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment