About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

dear fall

As I walked into my school this morning, I was consumed with feelings of fall. The cool breeze rustled my skirt and made me long for a pumpkin spice latte from starbucks (yes, I know they have them now, but I've yet to get one!) I don't know if it's the cool weather or the fact that football starts this weekend, but I am so ready for fall! So dear fall please hurry and officially get here so I can light my pumpkin spice candles, put out all of my fall decor, hang my fall sign on our new front door, I want to wear my hoodies, I want to complain about the endless hours of football we watch, I want to try new recipes for our football parties (even the ones that don't turn out so well) I want to buy mums, and most of all I want to sit on our back porch swing and not sweat. What are your favorite things about fall? And for the sake of the poor souls who have eaten my football party disasters, do you have any good fall recipes?

7 comments:

  1. I think there's something wrong with me... everyone has been talking about their love for pumpkin spice latte's, decorating for fall, and lighting their pumpkin candles, etc... I think I'm a fall "scrooge". I don't put out any fall decor, I hate fall scents, and I must confess I've never had a pumpkin spice latte! Don't get me wrong.. I love fall.. but I think my love for fall is more about college football and knowing that christmas decor, gift buying, and christmas music is just around the corner. I'm def more of a christmas girl, myself =)

    We go simple for football games... rotel is a must. I usually just go with the standard (velveeta/can of rotel), and to mix it up a little sometimes I do a block of cream cheese and a can of rotel. You may think rotel just isn't exciting, but even so, you can never go wrong with a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a fall scrooge!!!! Boo you! I love Christmas too, but there's just something cozy about fall. I'm embarrassed to admit that bethany walsh and I destroyed rotel this summer at the lake. Who ruins rotel?! Clearly, we do. :) And you must try a pumpkin spice latte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fall! I am now in love with the Pumpkin Spice Frappucino...I swear its better cold! I also crave hoodie weather - sadly, I don't think it will ever happen here in Florida. I have gone to the craft stores and shops looking at Fall Decor. Unfortunately, I married a Fall Scrooge so fall decor is kept at a minimum. Oh! And I just got the Pumpkin Spice candle from Yankee Candle...delicious! There's something wonderful about the crisp air that only occurs in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good! You can tell your scrooge boo, too. Glad you're coming over to the good side!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh candy! we love your football food disasters! 99% of the time everything you make is delicious! im just thinking that maybe you and bethany should not attempt cooking together any time soon! i had a delicous pumpkin spice latte yesterday (thanks to B!). it was so yummy and cozy! and i bought a few new fall decorations from target the other day. i am so ready! come on FALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well sister i must say my favorite thing about fall is stepping on crunchy leaves and acorns as i walk to class...annnnd i love how it reminds me of the ole days when we used to have bonfires all the time...and the smell of fall..i really think the air smells different in the fall.

    as far as your football creations go...consider them teachin lessons for me, i need to learn how to cook yummy things that someone picky will eat...so teach well sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stepping on crunchy leaves too sister! Ok, Jules.... I'm playing it safe Saturday. I bought funfetti cake mix and icing along with orange decorating icing so we can make Go Vols cupcakes with sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete