About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ten Things Thursday

10. What happened to our 76 degree weather?!!!!!!!!!



9. As you know I have been Jazzercising. If you're like me and were clueless as to what a class was like.... here's a sneak peak.



8. My favorite snack this week: frozen grapes.



7. I explained in an earlier post that I have taken my acrylic nails off and am letting my real nails grow. My sister has me text her a picture everyday to make sure I'm keeping them pretty. Can you tell that I need accountability?!



6. Thank you all for your sweet words of encouragement with my ww progress. Its def. a roller coaster at times. Your sweet words mean so much! I'm finding that weight training doesn't help the scale though... dumb muscles.



5. We began our volleyball league on Monday. I wish I had started sooner with this sport. I love it!



4. I've said many times before how God uses D's messages to really get a hold of me. Well, last night was no exception. He's finished up with the fruits of the spirit. Last night was on self control. Here are some of my notes:

Self Control



There is a battle going on within us. We have a choice.
a. Self Control takes discipline.
-we should train like an Olympian
: finishing, committing, saying no to self even when it hurts

b. Self Control takes grace
God's grace- gives us what we don't deserve
God's mercy- doesn't give us what we do deserve
Our response to His amazing grace should be us living a life that is self controlled

c. Self Control takes us walking with Christ
-when we walk daily with Him we are less likely to give into self.


*There should be an obvious difference in my life in the area of self control vs. an unbeliever.*



Ok... sermon over.


3. I have at least 2 massage gift certificates that I am dying to use... isn't it crazy that I can't find a good time to go though?!!! I need a massage! Yes... need... not just want.



2. One of my little girls looked at my pearl earrings that I am wearing today and said, "Mrs. Jerkins, is today old day? Is that why you're wearing those?"



1. I would love a Gigi's or a Muddy's cupcake right now. No, not even a mini... the real deal. I'm not even picky. The plain yellow or white cake with choc. icing and sprinkles would do just fine.



I must be hormonal b/c I was craving so badly an oreo blast from sonic the other day so I convinced D he needed one so I could eat some of it. Yes, he ordered it... not me. I just got to indulge in it. I'm smart enough not to order my own. You know... maybe its not just the strength training...

No comments:

Post a Comment