About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday Night: Hockey Game

We took our youth to a Riverkings game. This was our first ever hockey game and it did not disappoint. There were all of 10 people there... j/k... but compared to a Tigers game it was bare. I was surprised at how much fun it was. It made me want to go home and watch Mighty Ducks.








When the game was over we all got to go ice skate on the ice. It was a lot of fun. Quite a difference between there and zoo lights rink.

This is Ms. Dorothy. She is a die hard hockey fan. She had been trying for months to get us to take our students. She goes to almost every game so she tagged along with us to this one. Here she is with her gear. Check out the earrings as well.






A trip to Mississippi wouldn't be complete without some mullets. This is a terrible picture, but it was a good mullet.




Yea, I think I'll keep him.





Saturday

It was gorgeous outside! So I laced up my running shoes and went for a run. Then because it was so nice when I got back I decided to lay out and try and get some color... thank you Spring! Around noon people started coming over to watch basketball. D said he was feeling funny so he went upstairs and laid down for a minute. He ended up having a terrible migraine, but it was so bad we thought it was vertigo. Excedrin knocked out the headache and thanks to Walgreens helpful pharmacist, Dramamine helped with the dizziness. Thankfully by 7:00p.m. he was feeling almost normal.... a little loopy from the dramamine, but much better! So Saturday didn't turn out to be as crazy as I thought.... since D wasn't feeling well everyone went home. Then later my wonderful parents brought us dinner. It ended up being a nice and relaxing day... well for me.


Sunday: Youth Sunday

A couple of times a year our church has Youth Sundays. Basically D leads the service, and we get our students to be involved as much as possible. They greet, usher, give testimonies, sing the special music, etc. We bring in different worship bands and speakers. D preached in the morning and we had a friend come speak in the evening service. It was a great day. We're so thankful for our church to allow our students these opportunities to lead.


Sunday Night

Every Sunday night after church we go out to eat with our students. Normally its Subway, Taco Bell, or Sonic. Because it was so nice last night, we ended up at Sonic. I was talking to one of our girls and I look over and see this...




Yes, thats D's phone propped up on a honey mustard package playing the NCAA tournament live. Oh boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment