About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Trike A Thon

Today was our annual campus Trike A Thon. I love this program because it not only teaches our kids bicycle safety, but also opens their eyes to what St. Jude is. Our kids were able to see pictures and video of boys and girls their age who are getting treatment from this incredible hospital. What an honor to be able to show God's love in this practical way of giving!



The 76 degree weather we had was great. The wind on the other hand... we could have done without. The sun finally came out turning our morning outside into a fantastic event.




We have been raising money for St. Jude and today was our celebration day. Every child got to bring their bike or trike along with their helmet to school. Our art teacher came and drew a "course" for our bikers throughout our parking lot. Thinking this would help them understand the boundaries, which direction to go in, etc.... boy was I wrong. Let me rephrase... for most this was successful.... others... not so much.



There are a few changes I would make for next year, but overall it was a fun morning. We enjoyed the nice weather, got some great exercise, and celebrated what we have done to help St. Jude.



I know most of the events that I post from school contain the same kids. Their mom's have given me permission.... I promise I do have more kids in my class. I got an adorable picture of my whole class. I said, act like you love each other and they threw their arms around each other. Its absolutely precious. You'll just have to use your imagination!

1 comment:

  1. You look like a "skinny minnie" in your pic!! I'm so proud of you and how disciplined you've been with the exercise and Weight Watchers! You sure didn't get that from me. ;) Love you, Twiggy!

    ReplyDelete