About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

We had a crazy busy weekend, but it was so fun. It all began with our basketball party as we watched an exciting win by the Tigers Friday night. Ok... I say that like I was glued to the TV and watching every second. I know I am a terrible fan and didn't, but I was glad to spend time with my sisters and my precious nieces.


Saturday began with my favorite Saturday morning routine. First I must add that the only day I don't have to set my alarm I am wide awake by 7:45. I mean...really?!! Back to my favorite thing... quietly getting out of bed, slipping down the stairs, preparing a good cup of coffee, and grabbing my bible. There is something sweet about this early morning time with Lord. When I am through with my quiet time, its DVR catch up time. I don't know what we did before DVR! This is the only way we watch TV. So I folded 5 loads of laundry while watching Survivor, Women Tell All.... and then I had to get productive. Maybe one of these days I'll get to the 3 or 4 America's Next Top Model episodes I have yet to watch! After folding, it was then time to put it all away! Gross. I don't mind washing, but the putting away is the pits!

Thanks to my man it was then time for Ripped in 30. I'll be honest the title was intimidating. I love Jillian workouts, but I knew this would be intense. It is, but its do-able. It really is a great workout. I love combination workouts. 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs... of course you do several sets... and you're dripping with sweat when finished!

Before we knew it, it was time to head to the Upwards banquet that we were hosting at our church. Of course... it was during the Tigers game! D was able to watch the first 15 minutes and then the last 3... so he saw them pull it out! I had one happy boy.

4 hours later, 500 people gone, tables of food cleaned up, floors swept and mopped, confetti vacuumed out of the sanctuary, and thanks to a great recreation committee we were all able to go home. We love and appreciate our recreation team so much... at least the ones that are committed. :) We couldn't do it without you guys!


The highlight of the weekend though was Kennett, MO!

We ran home threw some clothes in a bag and headed to Kennett where D was preaching the next morning. Some of our good friends, Josh and Laurie Gray, are on staff there. I was looking forward to seeing our friends, hearing my man bring the word, and getting away! Even if it was for less than 24 hours. A good road trip with my favorite person on earth was just what I needed. Good conversation, new scenery, new faces, new town... I loved every minute of it.

We had such a great visit in Kennett. Thanks Josh and Laurie for having us!
It was so good catching up!


Here's D with Josh, who he went to middle school, high school, college, and seminary with and was also ordained with!




Here I am with precious Laurie and baby Lizzie Kate!




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad there are pastors and wives like the four of yall. It encourages me in my faith. Kennett it a happening little place. Hope it didn't wear yall out :) haha.

    ReplyDelete