About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

Highlights from the weekend:


Memphis game



Being there live is so much better than watching it on TV... which I normally don't do... I know... I know... I'm not really a dedicated fan.





D's message: Sexology Part 1



Yes, you heard me right. SEXOLOGY. He loves the title. The next few weeks he'll be talking to our youth about what the bible says about sex. To lay the foundation, he began the series with Why God created sex.

1. So we can know Him more fully
-The intimacy that sex creates within a healthy marriage relationship gives us a glimpse of the intimacy that we can experience with Christ. Because the world has so perverted sex, this is hard for many to comprehend.

2. Knowing Christ guards our sexuality
-If we're passionately pursuing Christ then we will have a greater desire to stay pure.

To be continued...




Winter Jam



I don't know why, but I thought it was a little disappointing this year. Maybe I'm just pms-ing... the good bands didn't play many songs and the ones that need to retire played too many.


This was the favorite amongst our youth. If you like hard, screaming, head banging rock then RED is your group. I, on the other hand, am not so much a fan.




Our youth love Winter Jam and we enjoy taking them. General admission I just think is a bad idea when you have over 10,000 people attending... many of which are groups. There needs to be more organization. Everyone had a great night though, but the late night makes for a rough Monday morning.

So here's to...



a great weekend and hopefully a nap later!

No comments:

Post a Comment