About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I was cleaning out my bible... that frequently gets stuffed with bulletins and notes taken from sermons... when I found this one that D preached several weeks ago on True Worship. I truly believe God uses things/people in your life to bring you closer to him. Nothing/no one challenges me or encourages me to be more like Jesus than my husband.

True Worship

*We don't really worship God b/c we don't fully understand what he's done for us.*

What is worship? There are several great definitions, but I like this one:
Offering everything we have to the glory of God


Luke 7:36-50

This sinful woman that we see in these verses knew how to worship.

1. Worship is Humble
-She didn't care what others thought.
-She washed Jesus' dirty feet.
-She kissed His feet.
These things showed reverence and submission. There is no room for pride in worship.

2. Worship is Broken
-She washed Jesus' feet with her tears. She was obviously broken over her sin.
-Brokenness is the result of getting a glimpse of mercy and grace.
-Brokenness is being aware of the depth of our sin.

3. Worship is Sacrificial
-She gave the very best that she had to Jesus.
-She held nothing back.

4. Worship is Motivated by Love
-She was first forgiven.
-Forgiveness= Love= Worship
-She loved and worshiped freely because she was forgiven.


Ask yourself... is my worship humble? broken? sacrificial? motivated by love? How often do we just go through the motions of "worship?" Are we passionately seeking after Jesus? or doing enough to get by? Don't settle for simply getting by! We were created to truly worship! I am so thankful for this sinful woman that shows us what true worship looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment