About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, March 28, 2011

Trying Tuesday with a Try It Tuesday

This week is my "spring break." What that means is that our other campuses are closed all week, but ours is open Mon-Wed. Can you sense my enjoyment of this?! Our normal 6:30 before care worker teaches at the other campus so she's on spring break this week. So I decided that I'll work the 6:30-2:30 shift these 3 days. I have loved it. I love getting home so early! Yesterday I sat my phone alarm for 5:30 p.m. b/c I wanted to make sure I was up and ready to leave for our volleyball game. Well I forgot to change the p.m. part when I went to bed so instead of my alarm going off at 5:30a.m...it didn't. I just so happen to roll over and look at the clock at 6:06. I flew out of bed, jumped in the shower, and threw on my clothes and make up. Once I got in my car, I couldn't find my garage door opener that is always on my visor. I then remembered I put it in my purse b/c I rode with my parents to the game last night. So I had to dig in my purse and find it. Finally... I left the house!

But the craziness doesn't stop there....

I always pray on the way to school so I'm just praying and totally drive past my school! I said out loud, "Are you kidding me?!" What a morning! As if I wasn't already late...

I get to school, clock in at 6:35. 5 minutes late. Thankfully not any later! So I take my hair dryer to the bathroom to dry my hair and what do I realize? There is no outlet in the bathroom. Plan B. Dry my hair in my classroom. Its def. a first, but what else am I going to do?! I finally get my hair dried, got my oatmeal and coffee fixed so I go and sit down with the kids. Finally I can relax. 20 minutes after finishing my oatmeal I look down and realized I have 2 significant drops of dried oatmeal on my solid color shirt. All I could do was laugh at this point. I mean alarm doesn't go off, don't have time to dry my hair, can't find the garage door opener, drive past school, have to dry my hair in my classroom, and spill oatmeal on my shirt. Hopefully that is all the craziness for this oh so very Trying Tuesday!


Now on to bigger and better things... like food!


Chili Queso Dip

I am a huge fan of Chili's chili queso dip. Now this is not that particular dip, but close.



1 block of Velveeta
2 cans of rotel
2 cans of chili with beans

Directions:
-Poor all contents into a large microwavable bowl.
-Microwave in 5 minute increments. Stirring in between. Enjoy.



Peanut Butter Popcorn Bars



  • 10 cups popped popcorn
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  • Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. (*Carefully poor the popcorn into the bowl. Try and keep as many unpopped kernels out as possible.) In a saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
  • Stir in peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Pour over popcorn and mix until well coated. Press into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool slightly before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
These are so good!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment