About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Momma's Day!

I wanted to dedicate this blog to my momma. People say that as women when you get older you begin to talk and act like your mother. Well, the older I get the more that statement becomes more true... thanks mom. On the flip side, I have a great mom so it's not all bad and annoying. :) Looking back over my life she has always been our #1 fan, #1 encourager, and #1 support system. So mom, thanks so much for the countless meals, countless loads of laundry, countless hours at the gym, softball and soccer fields, hours at the doctor's office, hours of taking us shopping, what seemed liked countless hours in that dumb emergency room and most importantly thank you so much for your unconditional love and support. You're the best! I mean what other mom carries every necessary pill imaginable in their purse, calls to inform you there is a tornado coming, yells at the refs, is more than a little overprotective, and wants to fix everything for everyone.... but we know you wouldn't do this if you didn't love us so much! Let's face it.... we wouldn't have turned out so awesome if you weren't so great!


I can't blog about Momma's Day without mentioning the momma I gained on May 26, 2006. I am very blessed to have a great mother in-law! If there is a perfect mother in-law then I definitely have her! Thank you too, Momma D, for everything!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, my sweet Candace! It's so easy being a momma to such precious girls! Thank you for the sweet words. You will truly never know how much you and Kacie are loved. How thankful and blessed I am to have children that walk in the truth. Your Granny has always been such a perfect example of motherhood, and I can only hope to be half the momma she is. I know you and Kacie will far exceed the "momma role" because you love so deeply and so freely. I can't wait to see you with little ones! I'll be smiling sweetly knowing you'll have many "Sheila" moments of your own. :)

    I, too, am so thankful for Debbie, your "other mother". It gives me great peace to know that she truly loves and cares for you as her own. There is also peace in knowing that my future grandkids :) will have a Godly example in their Grammy & Papa John. I love how God brought us all together as one big family.

    Thank you for making Mother's Day so special, and thank you for that sweet son-in-law of mine. He's pretty special, too!!

    P.S. Chance of severe thunderstorms tonight. Make sure you have a flashlight by your bed. J/K

    ReplyDelete