About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Monday= Snow Day!



Sunday night we anticipated our winter "storm" heading into our area. Knowing that at times our weather men are not always accurate, I tried not to get my hopes up. There's nothing worse than thinking we'll get out for snow and then not. Its happened more times than I'd like to count.

Sunday night I'm sitting in church listening to D preach and I look out the side doors and see snow coming down... I mean really coming down. Like almost peed in my pants with excitement because I knew it could possibly be enough to keep us at home on Monday. As we drove towards the restaurant after church, the roads were getting nastier. While eating dinner with everyone, I got it. THE text from administration. MR CLOSED. I almost jumped up and did a happy dance but I refrained and continued eating my salad with pure glee.

Being a teacher, I love snow days! I think there's something so special about being able to turn off the daily set alarm, sleep in, and curl up by the fire all day knowing that there is a blanket of snow covering our house. I love it! Maybe more so than my students...

Our backyard...


At 9:00 D and I decided it was probably time to get out of bed. 9:00 sure beats 5:50! While we ate breakfast, I managed to convince him to do p90x with me. We were a sight. We are both athletic, but watching us do some of the moves while dripping with sweat literally made me laugh out loud. He looked like a pro. I was ridiculous. We did the cardio x and ab ripper. Needless to say when we completed it I was literally a hot mess!

After a shower and some lunch, it was nap time. D was working from home so he was upstairs in his office so it was just me and the fireplace from 1:30-3:30. It was glorious until he woke me up because we needed to go run errands. I told him Starbucks would put me in a better mood to run errands. He doesn't like coffee so after pulling through to get his milkshake from Chickfila (yes, he eats ice cream religiously year round!), I got my weight watchers friendly skinny caramel latte...thats only 2 points. His shake... a mere 17!

After running errands, we headed to a National Championship party. D is all about the SEC but I sure thought Oregon had cuter uniforms. It was a great night to celebrate football... which normally I could care less about... but it was a great ending to our football watching season. Ok, I'll be honest... the best part was that I got to play with my favorite nieces. (and Julsie and Sister but I didn't cuddle with them like I did Mags, Lily, and Hallie.)

So snow days... you are welcome here anytime!

1 comment:

  1. definitely a wonderful snowday! side note: if people don't know me they may think my name is Sister and i'm ok with that. you're my favorite sister.

    ReplyDelete