About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Try It Tuesday: Yogurt Mountain




I am in love.... with yogurt. Yogurt Mountain to be exact. TCBY you just don't compare.



We ate at this little place in Alabama in September called Frost Bite. Directions: get a cup, fill it with as much or as little yogurt as you want, then go to the topping station and add anything and everything to your yogurt. Every kind of cereal, candy bar, fruit, etc. is an option. You should have seen Daniel Jerkins cup... it was ridiculous! Then they weigh your cup and you pay based on the weight of the cup. I remember thinking what a great idea for an ice cream/yogurt place.

Then wha-la! We get one... Yogurt Mountain. I have now been there several times and I really think I could eat there every day. They even have the nutrition facts listed.



My personal favorite is the strawberry yogurt sprinkled with granola and bananas. Based on how much yogurt I get plus the granola, the best I can estimate my cup is only worth 4 or 5 ww points which makes it a very delicious and reasonable treat!

This was my cup from our first visit. I clearly tried a few other things with the strawberry yogurt. If you haven't been there then you are really missing out!


8 comments:

  1. Have you eaten at YoLo before? Just curious how this place compares..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not eaten there but def want to. Is it the same kind if deal? If so then its prob about the same... like gigi's and muddy's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its in front of the the super target on Germantown Rd. beside that Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, YoLo is the same concept... We love YoLo but this place is a lot closer to us! We'll have to check it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a place called "Spoons" open a year ago. It was so popular in our college town that not only are they opening 2 other locations, but there are already several other competitors (Red Mango, FroYoYo, and Yogurtland). That's a lot of Yogurt. I LOVE it though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I'm soo glad to see this post! The Yogurt Mountain in Cordova is literally down the street from me. I've been wondering if it was good or not; now it's on my list of places to try!

    ReplyDelete