About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Friday, January 14, 2011

Weight Watcher Update 1

I guess for this month Friday will be my Weight Watcher update day because I go to my meetings on Thursday nights. I am happy to report that my official first weight watchers week was successful! Last week I posted that I weighed 161. Well, that was from my scale at home and without clothes. Fully clothed in my winter attire at the meeting, I weighed 163.2. I'm blaming the clothes.

This week wearing my running attire, I weighed 159.4 which means I lost a grand total of 3.8 lbs! My fear was that I had worked so hard this past week and I was either going to have had no weight loss or have gained...you know because of (cough) stronger muscles. :)

Ok... I know what you're thinking because I thought the same thing. You could easily lose 3.8 lbs. with a good poop. I even said it to my mom, but regardless lost weight is lost weight! I even got a star that says, BRAVO, from the lady who weighed me.

So far I am really enjoying this program. Its easy to do. You can still eat what you want within reason. I also love that it has encouraged me to eat more fruits and veggies. I feel so much better and I can tell that's attributed to what I'm eating. Don't worry I'm not only eating fruits and veggies. I like food too much for that! I'll start posting some of my favorite weight watcher friendly finds soon so that you can see how this food lovin' girl still gets her chocolate fix!

I chose to buy a monthly pass so I could attend the ww meetings for one month and learn how this really works. You go once a week to the meetings where you weigh in and then they encourage you with some helpful tips for the next week. I also bought 2 books that inform you on how many points each food item has. My favorite book is the restaurant guide. It has almost every restuarnat listed and almost everything on every menu. And then I bought a points calculator that I can punch in the nutrition facts and find out how many points certain things have like if I'm at the grocery store. You don't have to purchase all these extras, but after my month of meetings I plan to continue on my own so I knew these things would be very helpful. And they have been a huge help!



So yay for weight watchers. Now go have a good poop and you can celebrate your weight loss with me!

6 comments:

  1. Candace,
    Seriously, you make me laugh everytime I read your blog! I love reading about what you are experiencing day to day. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious! way to go on the lost lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anonymous, I have no idea who you are but thanks! I'm sure I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome! my grandma did weight watcher and lost 50 pounds a few years back. we are all about to start on it soon! I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great program! Keep up the god work!!

    ReplyDelete