About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, January 31, 2011

so convicting

Every morning I have a devotional thought from Dr. Rogers emailed to me. I love that I am still being challenged daily by this incredible pastor. Todays devo. punched me in the gut. It was so convicting that I thought I should share.

Him--Just Him
Devotional thought from the messages of Adrian Rogers

BIBLE MEDITATION:
2 Timothy 1:12 - "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day."

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
I heard of a lady who memorized so many verses of Scripture that she quoted them back to the Lord in praise to His name. When she grew old and began to lose her memory, she could only remember one verse, "For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day." She would quote it over and over.

Soon her memory deteriorated more, and all she could remember was just the phrase "committed unto Him." It brought her much comfort. Finally she came to a place where all she could say was "Him."

ACTION POINT:
You can distill the Bible down to that one word, "Him." Can you tune all of your life to that one note of praise? Him.

1 comment: