About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday 1-20-11

A week ago today... about this time... beautiful snow began falling from the sky. Maybe pouring is a better word... so much so that most of our kids here at my campus were picked up by frantic parents before school was even out. Normally this kind of day thrills me. This time not so much.

Remember last week D was in Haiti. #1 Being snowed in by myself = no fun. #2 My mother in law was taking me, my 2 sister in laws, and nieces to the orpheum that night to see Shrek. I love plays. I love the Orpheum.... who cares if it is Shrek we're seeing.

So by the time I headed home the roads were pretty covered. How in the world were we suppose to get downtown and back with streets like that.... better yet with 4 women who wouldn't dare to attempt driving in it?! Then the light bulb went off.... we have someone else drive us.





Since the play hadn't been canceled and the limo service said they would be glad to drive us.... and guarantee us that no matter how bad the roads were they'd pick us back up and bring us home... we were set for a snowy night out on the town!

The limo picked us up a little after 6 and per Jules request we went and ate The Majestic's famous grilled cheese. It did not disappoint! Before we knew it we were walking into the orpheum. The weather did not keep many away! The music began, the characters danced, and sang... and I realized I was loving it. The play was awesome. The backdrops, the costumes, the music... absolutely fantastic. I have seen several plays at the orpheum and this was by far my favorite! I was thinking it would be just a fun outing to get me closer to when D came home. It was so much more. They even handed out these adorable Shrek ears!



By the time we got back to the Jerkins' house it was after 10 and even though we only had a 5 minute drive ahead of us we all decided just to spend the night there. By that time Maggie and I knew our schools were canceled so a slumber party was totally acceptable.

The next morning turned out to be a monumental day for Hallie Claire, whose daddy dropped her off on his way to work. She got her first pair of piggies!




It then became a pigtail, picture party.




Followed by a very dramatic rendention of Mary and Joseph's old song from Bellevue's Singing Christmas Tree. My favorite part is when Lily sings, "I'm still an urchin (rather than virgin) ...what would my parents say?" These girls are ready for Broadway.




So thank you Momma D for a fun snowy night!

No comments:

Post a Comment