About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wordy Wednesday: Are You Willing?

I have spoken before about one of my favorite books, Becoming God's True Woman by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. To my delight, I found out that we're going to be going through this book for our next women's bible study at church.



I excitedly pulled it back out and began reading it again. I feel like I'm learning more reading it this time around than before. Now there isn't anything profound that I'm getting, but simple truths, that if applied to our lives, can be life changing. And I'm still only in the introduction!

"The feminist revolution was suppose to bring women greater fulfillment and freedom. It was supposed to make us feel better about ourselves; after all , "you've come along way, baby!" But we see the poisoned fruit of the revolution in the eyes and pitiable cries of women who are drowning in the quagmire of serial divorce and remarriage and wayward children ; women who are utterly exhausted from the demands of trying to juggle one or more jobs, function as single parents, and be active in church; women who are disoriented and confused, who lack a sense of mission, vision, and purpose for their lives and who are perpetually, pathetically shrouded in woundedness, self doubt, resentment, and guilt."

Its no secret that the feminist revolution has even crept into our churches. There is hope though. The feminist revolution began with a hand full of women. So....

"What would happen if a hand full of women would begin to pray for a revolution of a different kind- a counterrevolution- within the evangelical world? What would happen if women were willing to repent , to return to the authority of God's word, to embrace God's priorities and purposes for their lives and homes, and to live out the beauty and the wonder of womanhood that God created it to be?"

This won't be an easy feat. The world is telling us one thing while the word of God says another. Its not a matter of "winning" this war, but are we willing to "wage" this war? My flesh does not want to fight! I am naturally a fearful person. I hate confrontation. I hate arguing. I am not a fighter. I am a peacemaker...at least I try. And this is what got me....


"But greater than my fears and reservations is a passion for the glory of God."


I assure you though the fears and reservations are there! Then I read on, "And God is glorified through thankful, trusting, obedient, compassionate, serving, virtuous, joyful, feminine women who reflect to our world the heart and character of the Lord Jesus Christ himself. As we are filled with His spirit, we radiate His beauty and make the gospel believable."

So the question is, are you willing? Are you willing to give up your agenda for His? Are you willing to wage this war against what the world is throwing at us? Are you willing to be used by Him regardless of fears or reservations?

"The call to return to biblical womanhood resonates within Christian women who have tasted the bitter fruit of the feminist revolution and who know within their hearts that God's ways are right."

2 comments:

  1. I love it candace! thanks for sharing that.I believe our culture makes women feel inferior if their primary desire is to be a wife and a mother and not to pursue a growing career

    ReplyDelete
  2. Started reading it on my trip! Sooo good! I will have much to blog about!!

    ReplyDelete