About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday Night: Movie Night/Sleepover

We met at the church for a movie night. Then the guys went to our house and the girls went to another. It was a night of laughing, silliness, and sweet fellowship with some amazing girls. The guys killed each other in video games so I wouldn't call what they did "sweet fellowship." They were just doing whatever guys do. I will say Friday when I left for the church there were large flat, screen TVs set up all throughout my den. I wish I had taken a picture of how ridiculous it looked.

One of my girls did find a new use for sour patch kids. Gross, I know.




I thought for sure around 2:00a.m. my girls would begin to fade. Oh no.... so finally at 3:00a.m. I had to go find a quiet room. And I was dead asleep 2.7 seconds later. Finally at 4:30a.m.... so I'm told... my girls finally zonked out. I just don't think I've ever been able to stay up that late. But then again, I'm kind of a grandma when it comes to sleep.


Saturday- Clean, Layout, Workout

We met the boys back at the church at 10:00 where surprisingly almost all of our parents were already waiting. That normally never happens! So we were home and had our house cleaned by 11:15. The boys kept my house pretty clean. I can't really complain.

After lunch, I convinced my sister to come over and run with me in the gorgeous weather we were having. I couldn't believe how nice it was! Before she got there, I took my beach chair outside in my running shorts and tank and comfortably laid out. I even got some sun!



I convinced her to do a 3 mile route with me. We did more of a walk/run combo and it was fabulous! Then we came home and did some more of this....




Later that night... D took a break from studying and took KC and I to dinner with Jeff and Julsie at an underrated mexican restaurant, El Nopal. We are so blessed to have family that we not only love, but enjoy hanging out with. Before too long we had to head back home. D preached Sunday morning so he still needed time to finish preparing.



Sunday- Church, Grocery Shopping

Speaking of him preaching.... He BROUGHT IT yesterday morning. Every time he preaches a new message I think its his best yet... however yesterday really was! I have never seem him so passionately challenge himself and everyone else. It was a very convicting message about how selfish we are for sitting around in our comfortable bubbles all the while people are dying and going to hell all around us. I'll talk more about it another time. It was awesome. I overheard someone ask him, "How do you preach like that?!" And he said in similar terms... because God chewed me up and spit me out with this message. I sometimes think God called him to ministry to get a hold of me. I don't mean that selfishly... I just mean every time he speaks I feel like God said, "Daniel, this is what your wife needs to hear..." I am thankful for a husband who constantly challenges me.


On a less serious note... I found this at the grocery store last night.



I was thrilled! Until... mom looked up the nutrition value.... 1 tbsp= 4 ww pts. What?! I get 29 pts a day. I don't want to waste 4 points on creamer! ARe you kidding?! Its coffee creamer! That kind of deflated my balloon, but regardless I was going to try this bottle of deliciousness. I was utterly disappointed to find out that this was like drinking tanning oil in my coffee. The longer I drank the less bad it was....but I decided I'd rather eat 4 points of a real almond joy!

1 comment:

  1. That fanny may be kind of funny looking but he sure knows how to boldly proclaim the truth!

    ReplyDelete