About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, January 24, 2011

My Baby is back from HAITI!



A week ago yesterday, D left with a group from Bellevue to go down to Haiti. Their particular group was focusing on installing electrical and plumbing (stuff?) for a school. When this opportunity presented itself he couldn't pass it up. We're taking a group from our church to Haiti this July. This gave D not only the opportunity to serve this past week, but to better prepare our group for when we go this summer. Their group stayed in the same place we'll be staying and worked in the same general area we'll be working.

I was going to post an update earlier in the week, but the Sheila in me came out and I didn't want to publicize that I was staying alone all last week. Although I did leave almost every light we have on at all times, blinds were closed, and when I was asleep or not home I left ESPN on the downstairs TV so it would sound like a guy was watching it. :) I'm pathetic... I know. I did manage to stay the whole week by myself... well except Thursday night. It was too bad to drive home so we had a slumber party at my in-laws. I kept myself busy with friends and family and thankfully the week flew by!

Though I missed him, I was so excited that he had this amazing opportunity to go and serve. He is one of the hardest working men that I know... besides my dad.... which may be one reason I love him so... anyway back to D being hard working... this trip they went on was a working trip for sure. They worked until sunset. He did get to build some sweet relationships with the Haitians that helped them work and then some boys that hung out at the missions compound. These were his buddies.










Hearing story after story makes me so excited about going and serving... even with the 100 degree heat and cold showers! Just listening to him share some of his experiences breaks my heart and makes me so grateful for what God has blessed us with while at the same time feeling selfish and materialistic for having 1000 pairs of shoes when these precious people have almost nothing. Here is a picture of a family getting a new bed for the first time.



God is doing some amazing things in Haiti. It doesn't make sense that 300,000 people lost their lives in 48 seconds.... however... God is using something so tragic to bring himself great glory.

2 comments:

  1. i think its funny that you left the tv on espn! not that im laughing at you...i am sure i would have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its ok... you can laugh at me all the while thinking "what a great strategy!"

    ReplyDelete