About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hair Dude

So D has discovered Paul Mitchell's hair school or whatever it's called. I get my eye brows waxed there and we have a friend who is currently in school there. So we have connections...

Well, D and I have been cutting his hair for years now. Guy hair is pretty easy and most of the time he likes it buzzed so he can pretty much handle that on his own. I just shape up the neck and around the ears. Recently he decided he wanted to grow it out. Ok, that's fine guys like change too. With growing his hair out, we decided he needed a new look so we thought let's go let Mandy cut his hair at Paul Mitchell and give him a new do. Mandy was unavailable the first time he went so some random girl cut his hair and she did a pretty good job, but no new do... but he loved that it only cost $8 and he got a head massage. I didn't know what I thought about some other girl rubbing on his head and him liking it but I got over it because I like massages and just because a girl gives me a massage and I like it doesn't mean I like her like that. Anyway........

Well, yesterday he decided it was time for another hair cut. This time instead of calling and making an appointment, he just shows up and asks for Mandy. Mandy again is unavailable so they go find someone else. Well, up walks a guy (with a head band on) and they introduce D to him. D said he thought, "Oh gosh! This dude is going to cut my hair?!" He almost thought of saying, "No Thanks" and walking out, but he thought that would be rude and D's not rude like that so he sucked up his pride and went to the chair. Let me remind you that this hair cut includes a wash and head massage (that he loves).... so at this point he is so uncomfortable and is slightly freaking out.

The dude begins cutting his hair and asks D if he wants the wash and head massage. D said he was quick to say no, it's not a big deal. As the guy continues cutting his hair though D finds out that he helps lead worship at his church. He assumes at this point he's probably not gay.... even though he's wearing a head band.... and then after the cut he tells D that he's going to go find someone else to wash his hair. Relief! I wish you could have seen D's face telling this story... Hallelujah.... another guy wasn't going to be rubbing on his head.

So in the end he got a great hair cut from a dude... I was quick to point out that the first 10 years of his life a man at a barber shop cut his hair, but he said that was different. So the moral of this story... D doesn't like dudes cutting his hair (or giving him a head massage) even if they help lead worship for their church.

4 comments:

  1. That is too funny! :) Can't wait to see this new 'do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assure you there is no new do. It's just shorter. He was afraid to allow the dude to create him a new do because the dude "had long hair sticking up in the back."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused. Why does it matter if it was a guy or girl? It's not a sensual thing. It's completely professional....

    ReplyDelete