About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, March 8, 2010

Miracle Monday

I did it! I ran in my first 5k Saturday.... Bellevue's Hope for Haiti. I have done 5k's before, but never have I had the intent of running it through. During mile three I had to stop and catch my breath, but I trucked on and finished at a time that even surprised me: 34:11! My sweet hubs was even shocked (he tried to hide it, but he can't fool me!)

I ran with my friend Amber and I do believe that is what enabled me to run the whole time. Her pace and determination to finish challenged my steps. It was a beautiful day, too!




My sister did an excellent job of checking us in!




I got to see some sweet friends.




And to top it off, I found this cute kid running around!




Overall it was a great day. I still have a love/hate relationship with running, but I am enjoying the benefits of it and it felt so rewarding to run across that finish line!

Those of you who read my blog faithfully know how I feel about running so to have just completed this 5k successfully I would indeed call this a miracle!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I've done several 5k's now, but have yet to run the entire race. Mad props! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your time was so great! SO proud! I am copying that pic of us all! You did better than I have ever done and I must say that Amber is a great inspiration! And, I am like Rachel...I have yet to run a whole 5K but you better believe once this little one is out of me I have this aching to run hard core now! We will see if that stays that way :)

    ReplyDelete