About Me

My photo
Sinner saved by grace. Wife to a cute preacher. Momma to 2 precious baby boys. Blessed beyond measure. And I deserve none of it.

Blog Archive

Monday, March 1, 2010

mystery post monday: our love story


I met D when I was 14. Our dad's were both working the recreation ministries' fun and fitness fair. One end of the basketball court was left open for free play. D was down there shooting and so my friend Allison and I went down there and played a pick up game with him and some others. There were no sparks or interesting conversations... just 2 kids playing a game we loved. I had no clue that was the beginning...

Some time passed and we went to summer camp. I remembered him from our pick up game. We didn't hang out or even talk until one day we both ended up at the basketball court. He was a captain and I'd love to say that he chose me first and that's when we fell in love.... however, that is not how this story goes. He not only didn't pick me first, he didn't pick me at all! Oh well, we played against each other and I couldn't even tell you who won that day... it's still a story we joke about, but at least we know it ended well!

A few months later, I was keeping score for basketball games at the gym. I continued seeing him at the gym coincidentally on the same nights I kept score. He walked out with me one night along with my score keeping partner, Jason Keen. The youth hayride was that Friday night and I asked them if they were going to go... not caring what Jason said. Friday night came and sure enough D showed up. We ended up throwing the football all night. Though I had no idea he was the guy I was going to marry, I knew he was a keeper....someone I wanted around for awhile... who knew awhile would turn into forever. Since that night we've been together. There was not a DTR conversation that night or anything, but I knew I wanted to be wherever he was.

So after many games of 'horses'... yes we added another letter....He's still my favorite to play with. After many games of him "letting me win".... he's still my favorite opponent.


So 10 years later, here we are. We dated all through high school and college....not ever breaking up. I love him more today than I did the first night he told me he loved me... and I didn't think that was possible!

1 comment: